Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
I’ve noticed that, since updating to iPadOS 17.1.1 on my iPads and iOS 17.1.1 on my iPhone that the Apple Mail client is getting wonky.

It sometimes takes several minutes to download full emails or to send them, with outgoing emails often getting clogged in the Outbox. In both cases, the little circle at the top of the screen just spins away.

A colleague of mine noticed this as well in her devices. Anyone here experiencing this?

Reactions: Davidalan

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
Yes I’m seeing this too, it’s most obvious on my older 10.5 pro, emails often seem to take forever to display and are just sat loading, but then if I click onto another email and go back again it will load straightaway. I see hints of this on my iPhone 13 Pro too but that’s generally faster of course. Definitely something off in all the releases of 17 so far.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Both my iPad and iPhone seem ok. There has been the odd occasion where I have to pull down to get it to re-check for new messages before they pop in, but on the whole, I’ve been OK. No issues sending.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.