Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I seem to be having a bug with the Mail app; just curious if this is happening to anyone who has this installed.

Delete an e-mail, go to the Trash folder and move the e-mail back to Inbox (you'll see a nice little animation of the e-mail jumping into the Inbox). Go back to Inbox, and the e-mail is not there, nor is it in the Trash folder.

Cache

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Same here, don't mind it that much, since I don't delete emails I don't want to delete. :eek:

phoenix.stu

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
Hmm, just tried it and mine does too. Strange.

Anyway, did you know that you could do a neat little trick when you want to delete a mail.
Rather than push the edit button and then hit the red minus sign and then the delete button. . . You can simply swipe your finger(on top of the mail of your choice) to the left or right and the delete button will magically appear.

Maybe yall know about it but I haven't seen that mentioned.

Cache

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Hmm, just tried it and mine does too. Strange.

Anyway, did you know that you could do a neat little trick when you want to delete a mail.
Rather than push the edit button and then hit the red minus sign and then the delete button. . . You can simply swipe your finger(on top of the mail of your choice) to the left or right and the delete button will magically appear.

Maybe yall know about it but I haven't seen that mentioned.

Yea I knew it, there are other apps that use it too. :)

solyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Same here, don't mind it that much, since I don't delete emails I don't want to delete. :eek:

Yeah but I've had a few moments when I've been mass deleting e-mails and impulsively deleted something I actually wanted in the Inbox. I wonder if this happens on the iPhone too or if it's just a problem with Mail app on iTouch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.