Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oliver G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I have put Mail on my iTouch (1.1.1) and when I select Gmail to make an new account I put in the details and it sais that it can't find Cannot Connect Using SSL PLEASE HELP?

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I have put Mail on my iTouch (1.1.1) and when I select Gmail to make an new account I put in the details and it sais that it can't find Cannot Connect Using SSL PLEASE HELP?

As mentioned numerous number of times on this Forum, Google is your friend. Or just search other threads.;):apple:

applecheese

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
if you're not connected to a wifi connection thats why. same thing happened to me but when i go in the city and find a hot spot its fine.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

What do you mean changing all the permissions... and how?

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I have looked PLEASE POST WHY I CAN'T USE Mail.app

Ok now copy the mail.app file over to the correct place. CLick proteries be sure the octal field says 0755, click the check box below that say something about roots and group permissions.

Copy the other required file over and make sure proteries octal says 0755 and click the check box to make all the files in the folder have octal 0755.

If this still doesnt work just forget it and do use it.

ALso free yahoo doesnt work

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I have the same exact problem. First it says do yiu want o continue via no SSL then it says it cannot connect to pop.gmail.com. I have tried everything except for changing the permissions thing. Any other suggestions?

snverhallen

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006

I have the same exact problem. First it says do yiu want o continue via no SSL then it says it cannot connect to pop.gmail.com. I have tried everything except for changing the permissions thing. Any other suggestions?

snverhallen

Its obvious its SSL thats causing the problem so just disable it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.