Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Mail.app is stuck copying messages from an Exchange account to an iCloud account. I've tried re-adding the Exchange account several times to no avail.

I suspect it's because of a single message. Is there any way to find out which particular message is the culprit? Mail.app doesn't seem to transfer in chronological order.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I would suspect the same thing as I have had to copy emails in groups (by date) to determine the corrupted email when having that issue. That's the only way I know how to get it done.

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
I would suspect the same thing as I have had to copy emails in groups (by date) to determine the corrupted email when having that issue. That's the only way I know how to get it done.
It seems pretty ridiculous that you can't get Mail.app to show the specific message that it's trying to transfer. Maybe there's a log somewhere?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It seems pretty ridiculous that you can't get Mail.app to show the specific message that it's trying to transfer. Maybe there's a log somewhere?

If Console can reveal the problem I don't know how to decipher it.

A couple of weeks ago my Carbon Copy Cloner app was showing an error on a single file that turned out to be an email. CCC showed the path to the email as being in the Trash folder so emptying the trash took care of it. That's as close to pinpointing something, without copying in groups in a "trial and error" method, as I've come but I don't know if the email had the same sort of corruption that would cause the problem you're having (and I have had in the past).

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
If Console can reveal the problem I don't know how to decipher it.

A couple of weeks ago my Carbon Copy Cloner app was showing an error on a single file that turned out to be an email. CCC showed the path to the email as being in the Trash folder so emptying the trash took care of it. That's as close to pinpointing something, without copying in groups in a "trial and error" method, as I've come but I don't know if the email had the same sort of corruption that would cause the problem you're having (and I have had in the past).
Yeah, I'll probably do a first pass with groups of ten and then a second pass with single messages. Luckily, there aren't *that* many messages, but still, it's kind of silly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.