Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I noticed this started happening more and more lately. Its not all the time just random but it happens a few times a month maybe. Anything I can do to fix this?

I don't know if I should just update to OSX Capitan have read about problems there so just stayed away from it.

Macyourdayy

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
A few times a month? My partner's 2013 Air has mail failing to send and/or receive up to several times a day pretty much since new (10.8). It continued through all of 10.9 and now, after years of "update the system" or wipe and reinstall (a la Microsoft) bs from "geniuses", it continues to freeze or crash on 10.10 the same as before. It's had connection issues as well no one can isolate, or have bothered to check logs. It has also had weird Safari issues, especially with you toob. The continuing instability suggests a small (?) hardware problem like RAM, wireless or ssd that doesn't appear in the basic hardware tests, as I've had other irritating instability issues over the last 20 something years that have always eventually been solved with hardware replacement.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
I noticed this started happening more and more lately. Its not all the time just random but it happens a few times a month maybe. Anything I can do to fix this?

I don't know if I should just update to OSX Capitan have read about problems there so just stayed away from it.

My macOS mail client is having problems with gmail. Before that, it was hotmail/outlook mail. Now the last few days, gmail is "apparently" off line. If I right click on gmail in the macOS mail program, I get prompted to "take gmail online". Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I can ALWAYS get into gmail if I go the browser route (www.gamil.com). I'm usng High Sierra 10.13.6.

Macyourdayy

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
Maybe gmail is the culprit, but unfortunately it's one of her main addresses. I guess I'll have to peruse the forums regarding gmail setups. My mail.app didn't have the same issues even though it was also running mavericks with the same gmail addresses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.