Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
anyone know of an app that can do this? i used to have this functionality ("mail unread menu", then "mail satellite"). big sur broke that. miss it. so, just wondering if there's a mail bundle or something that would give me this in monterey (am not holding my breath tho....)

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2007
What's wrong with looking down, you done that before right?

Mail Preferences/General Tab
Dock unread count:
inbox only
All mail boxes
Today only

• Haha
Reactions: fisherking

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Doesn't help if you hide the dock…like me.
exactly. i've had the dock locked away since OS X 10.3.9; i do that with a simple terminal command. if i need it (ie to check the trash)... command-option-D.

this has value to me on a 12" macbook (and previous 13" macbook pros, and before that, the 12" powerbook). i like fullscreen WITH an every-present menubar.

but that's just me. and i miss the apps that used to give me a 'unread mail' count in the menubar. anyway, if anyone has any ideas.....

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
huh! xbar and that plugin... works. amazing. love this forum (well, sometimes...).. gilby101, thanks so much.

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
xbar seems nice... However, within hours of installing it along with that mail plugin, I began getting these notifications (which are of course malware/phishing and not real issues). Coincidence? It could be a web page popping up notifications, I suppose.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 2.14.45 AM.png

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Sorry, I meant to update this thread. The problem was indeed a website notification. It was unnamed and had the System Settings icon, and I have no idea how it managed to show up in the list, since I don't accept notifications from any websites.

The timing of it showing up was just odd - only a short while after installing xbar.

sukpmp

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2023
Hi, does anyone know the correct settings for an Icloud IMAP server? Also, does it need to be a generated password?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.