Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I have iOS 9 on my iPad Air 1. I can open and read mail once after a hard reboot, but after that when I push the mail icon, it starts to open then crashes to my home screen. My Apple Mail App is not useable.
I just did a search on the word mail in this forum and only had 4 results, none of them dealing with crashing.
I have reported this to Apple, but am wondering if I'm the only one or is this problem more widespread.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Mine doesn't crash, instead only my iCloud email pushes....my BT & Yahoo have stopped and have to fetch.

Also the counter is never right.
Was like it on the previous beta too.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Hmmm, well i cant get mail at all any more. Luckily it is an iPad that I dont use often, but still can't believe that the mail app works on ios 9 for everyone but me.

kevkmartin

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
It frequently doesn't work for me either. In fact several apps that require network connections frequently don't work. Airplane mode for about 10 sec usually clears it up for a while. Occasionally I gave to hard boot.

Indicators (wifi and cellular) never indicate an outage though.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I have frequent times where Yahoo mail will not update. Sometimes the outage lasts 12 or more hours and the only way I can get my email is going to the Yahoo website or get it on my Mac through the email app. The problem is on both the iPad and the iPhone (both running ios9 public beta. It self corrects eventually but the cycle repeats. I had this problem a little on 8.4 as well. Not sure what is up but it is definitely iOS related

Last edited:
Reactions: alexcue

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
For whatever reason, iOS9 does not work as well on my iPad Air 2 as it does on my iPhone 6+.

Several apps which run fine on phone, stall, then crash when launched on iPad.

But that's a beta for you.

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
No it's not just you. Yahoo email works like absolute **** on my iPad Air 2. Beyond frustrated with this.

Reactions: alexcue

lionsy

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
I am having problems with mail too, but not quite the same as you, but I have had to force a reboot occasionally to receive mail again, first problem is if I use slide view sometimes my mail isn't visible and it stays that way until I reboot (pictured).

Second problem is roughly what you describe and I can't reproduce either at will which is frustrating for reporting it as a bug. (Air 2)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    494 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: ron7624

panar

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Yahoo mail doesn't work. I removed the account from both my iPhone and iPad because of high battery usage.

stusgt67

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2015
United Kingdom
I have iOS 9 on my iPad Air 1. I can open and read mail once after a hard reboot, but after that when I push the mail icon, it starts to open then crashes to my home screen. My Apple Mail App is not useable.
I just did a search on the word mail in this forum and only had 4 results, none of them dealing with crashing.
I have reported this to Apple, but am wondering if I'm the only one or is this problem more widespread.
Yep, mines broken too, iPad 3.

Reactions: ron7624

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I have frequent times where Yahoo mail will not update. Sometimes the outage lasts 12 or more hours and the only way I can get my email is going to the Yahoo website or get it on my Mac through the email app. The problem is on both the iPad and the iPhone (both running ios9 public beta. It self corrects eventually but the cycle repeats. I had this problem a little on 8.4 as well. Not sure what is up but it is definitely iOS related
I'm afraid to try it on my iPhone, I've only got one. I do have 2 iPads and used only one of them for bata testing.

chintancm

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
Yes. My Mail app is broken since beta 1 on iPad 3rd generation,but works with iPhone 5.
It crashes to home screen every time. If I try to open it 10-15 times then it might work for single time.Had to use Google mail app.
Hope this will sort out in beta 4.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Yes. My Mail app is broken since beta 1 on iPad 3rd generation,but works with iPhone 5.
It crashes to home screen every time. If I try to open it 10-15 times then it might work for single time.Had to use Google mail app.
Hope this will sort out in beta 4.
I opened repeatedly and on try 11 it opened. Thanks for the idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.