Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simsaladimbamba

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
located
Hello.

Sometimes I use Spotlight to look for an email and when I open it, and it is an old one, the Inbox has selected the email and is far down the many messages I have stored on there.
Now when I want to go back to the top, I have to flick and flick and flick.

In Safari you can at least tap on the top menu bar to get to the top of a page quickly, but I haven't seen any way to the same in Mail.

Does it exist or is it just missing?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I just tried it from a Spotlight search and my normal inbox and tapping the top brought it to the top as expected for me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Going to the top should work pretty much the same way across the OS and apps--tap on the status bar (occasionally it might require a double-tap sort of, in case the first one might not be registered or interpreted that way). Often I find myself simply double-tapping the time in the center of the status bar and that seems to work pretty much across the board.

simsaladimbamba

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
located
I just tried it from a Spotlight search and my normal inbox and tapping the top brought it to the top as expected for me.

Of course it works. Who do I think I am? Bloody tablet illiterate nomad.

Anyway, I just tried it again, and it now works, a double tap does suffice. It never did work before, or I may have tapped not in the right place.

Ah, found out why it did not work before. I tapped or double tapped not above the Inbox column. Double tapping on the top of the message column gets you nowhere, except probably to the top of the message.

Hey, there is a rock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.