Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'm desperately searching for a way to be able to retrieve my aol mail using the Mail application....

has anyone come into any success with this?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Um...........

Have you gotten the OS X AOL yet? I know stupid question, but I don't use the thing so............I just figured it had a built-in mailer. Is this not the case?

trinitishwar

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2001
Gainesville, Fl
Uh, I would say that both of the examples given are highly propriatary mail interfaces. Even Entourage, micro$hafts own email client could not interface with Hotmail when it first came out. I belive they have now released a fix, but come on, that's retarded. And don't even get me started on AOL. Have you tried forwarding? I don't use AOL, but that's the only thing that I can think of that might work, unless you could rig up some applescript fix. I don't even know if you could get that to work. My advice, get a mac.com address.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
:p thanks for the replies so far...

I do have aol for X...but I wanted an alternative approach since I have a few email addresses in which I receive mail.

I do have a mac.com address as well, however, I've had an aol account for 5 years now and it would be too difficult to change it over to something different at this point.

so I guess I'll wait and see what other answers I get from this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.