Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
Since I uploaded to iOS 9 the mail app keeps crashing when I try to compose an email, anyon else have the same issue?

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
no. try in order posted till one of them works:

-force close all apps in task viewer, reboot phone normally
-reflash ios 9 in itunes with shift/options + click update select ipsw method (data remains on device)
-reset all settings
-restore to ios 9 + restore from backup
-restore to ios 9 without restoring from backup

driftless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
My latest back-up was made after iOS 9 was installed so I am not sure a restore will work, and just re-install the problem?

driftless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
In case anyone else has this problem I called Apple Care and they had me do a hard reset and that did not fix the problem. I then a restore network settings and that did the trick.

energetic

macrumors member
In my case the mail app cannot open. It just starts as a blank page and then crashes. I had to deactivate one mail account and set from "No limit" to "One month". Then I activate the mail account and it works back again after two or three crashes.

There is a major issue with the mail app since the upgrade. I have about 10 mail accounts and never had any issue with any previous iOS, but the iOS 9 has created a major problem to the mail app and cannot do things right at work etc.

I hope they release a fix soon. For the record the same issue is confirmed by four colleagues till now.

I would like to add that this happens in iPad Air 2 and does not occur in iPhone 6 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.