Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HandyMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
I have Mail in macOS 10.12 Sierra set up to receive email from several accounts. There is a group Inbox, and several sub-inboxes for each account, so I can see all the mail or the mail for a particular account.

I recently realized that Mail is not displaying some messages that have come to my primary account in the group Inbox, but only in the sub-inbox for that account. Except that messages sent from that account to that account (a quick way to transfer stuff from the iPad to the MacBook Pro or vice-versa) do appear in the group Inbox. But any mail coming to my primary account from other sources appears only in the account's sub-inbox, not in the group Inbox.

Looking back, it appears this started happening about six weeks ago. I have no idea why; I don't remember changing any setting in Mail, wouldn't know how to do this if I wanted to. There are no Rules set up.

Anybody have any idea what's happening? How can I get Mail to show all messages from all accounts in the group Inbox?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.