Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonaM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
After applying the 13.6.6 patch I've noticed that new email is no longer being downloaded from my POP email account. IMAP is working fine, but POP says no new mail ( even though I know that there is new email) on Mail (16.0 on Ventura)

There's no error messages and when you manually check it says 'no new mail', but I know there is mail from IMAP on my phone.

I've tried changing the password to something wrong and there's no error, so it doesn't look like Mail is actually making a connection and using the username/password.

LittleSnitch shows an outbound connection to the mail server, but it doesn't seem to be actually doing anything

I tried adding the account as a new account, but it tells me it already exists and then fails.

If I deselect the account it appears to remove all the emails from Mail, which is not what I want.

Any ideas on how to get this working or how to delete the account and re-add it without losing all my ( many years of) emails from the Mac?

This problem started on the same day I applied the 13.6.6 patch so I'm drawing a link

JonaM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
And randomly started working again today, so no idea what's going on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.