Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ric_d

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
Washington, DC, USA
This has been a problem since the release of iOS 13. After reading new email in my inbox, I either delete the email or move it to a folder. If there is a single message in my inbox and I delete it, the screen does not automatically return to the empty inbox -- it stays in a sort of 'ghost' state, with the subject line of the deleted email visible at the top of the screen (after doing a pull down refresh -- see photo). I have to select 'Inbox' in the top left to go back to the inbox. Prior to iOS 13, it would automatically return to the inbox. I have an old iPhone 5S running iOS 12 that behaves correctly in this scenario. My iPhone is an 11 Pro running iOS 13.4.1, but this has always been a problem with iOS 13.

Has anybody else noticed this?

IMG_2060.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_2060.PNG
    IMG_2060.PNG
    363.9 KB · Views: 367

Robsdc

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2019
Nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Just started happening to me after upgrade to iOS 14. Email is one of the oldest app categories in the world. You’d think a two trillion dollar company wouldn’t screw it up with a regression bug after all these years. FML.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.