Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, when I receive mail notifications which aren't grouped, if I select one mail notification to clear it clears ALL of them. Is this Normal? If the mail are Grouped and I clear one mail item then it clears only that one item.

I'm sure this didn't happen before. Or am I becoming mega forgetful?

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi guys, after a lot of research online, I still haven't been able to resolve this issue. Before I get in touch with Apple Chat, can anyone advise if it is normal for all NON GROUPED emails to be cleared when clearing just one email notification?

Also, in Settings / Notifications /Mail I do not have an option to set or unset auto grouping of notifications. All the other apps have this option in their notification settings.

Thanks

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi mate. Unfortunately screen shots won't help. What happens is, if for example I have 4 ungrouped emails on the Apple Mail app, If I slide to clear just 1 of those emails from the notification centre , it clears all 4 of those
ungrouped emails from NC.

This doesn't happen to any other notifications, just the Apple mail app emails.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Hmm, perhaps this was always the case?
I suggest perform a support chat with Apple, and see what they say, and share with us, too...

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.