Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I have no mail notification (Sound alert) when new mail arrives.
Anyone else?

I've seen this reported when "Do Not Disturb" was turned on in Notifications.

If turning "Do Not Disturb" on/off doesn't fix you might want to delete the preference file in your User's Library/Preferences folder. Log out/in after deleting THEN reset Notifications.

com.apple.systempreferences.plist

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Remember everybody that this is a beta! Bugs is coming with em'... So yeah, personally I think it's a bug...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I can confirm that I have no new mail notification sound as well. That goes for my .mac.com account and my own email domain account.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
A question.... How do you got a .mac account?
It's an old account that I signed up for back a long time ago when Apple had the ".mac" service. You could have email accounts like yourname@mac.com and then they switched to .me.com and now we're on .icloud.com. But if you have an old account like I do, you're still allowed to use it today, which I do.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
It's an old account that I signed up for back a long time ago when Apple had the ".mac" service. You could have email accounts like your name@mac.com and then they switched to .me.com and not we're on .icloud.com. But if you have an old account like I do, you're still allowed to use it today, which I do.
Mmmm, Well, i just have the iCloud.com mail :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.