Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hi. So I'm converting from using GMail to iCloud Mail. I have a rMini and 5S, both of which are running iOS 7.1. I am using the mail.app with all notifications (lock screen, badge, etc) turned on for both devices. I was under the impression that if I got an email and read it on one device, it would remove the notifications on the other device automatically. This isn't happening for me though. Is this an error or how it's supposed to be? Thanks.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I've had the exact same problem since forever. I thought ios7 was meant to fix it but nothing has ever changed since I've started using an iPhone (2009).

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
I've had the exact same problem since forever. I thought ios7 was meant to fix it but nothing has ever changed since I've started using an iPhone (2009).

Really? My iMessage notifications sync just fine and I thought the Mail app would do the same thing, especially since I was using Apple's iCloud email service.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Really? My iMessage notifications sync just fine and I thought the Mail app would do the same thing, especially since I was using Apple's iCloud email service.

I can't comment on iMessage since my mac is never signed into that. But my FaceTime is always signed in on my mac and those notifications never go away unless i physically check them on my mac... exactly the same as my mail.... sucks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.