Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enacheionut1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Hello guys,

I just bought a new macbook pro 13 a2159 model a few weeks ago, and since them I am trying to find a solution to my problem, but i fail to see anything helpful on the internet...

So my problem is that i do not receive notifications pop-ups from the Mail app. I hear the notification sound, I see the new mail badge in the dock, but there is no notification in the top right corner. Any other app sends me notifications, but Mail. I have double checked everything, turned off dnd mode, checked all the boxes within the mail app, everything is correctly set-up but i still do not receive the pop-ups.

Any ideas? I am starting to lose my mind over this..

Thanks

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
You and me both.

Can't recall which Mojave update broke Mail notifications for me, but has been hit/miss for a while now. Seems like if I exit Mail, restores, but as soon as Mac goes to sleep and wakes again, no banners.

Since I hear the chime, I know I have mail, so have not dug in to see what fix there might be, what to clear.

Last edited:

enacheionut1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
I found a way to fix this.

Go to MacOS - Settings - Notifications - Mail, uncheck everything, disable notifications, quit mail app, go to notifications again, enable everything back on and start Mail app.

Now it works perfectly, hopefully it won't bug again...

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, did not clear out things for me. Hopefully will work for others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.