Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelseamm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
I would like to be able to see my new mail notifications when I hit the home button to bring up the lock screen, but I do not want the notifications to wake my screen each time a new message arrives. I think this is significantly effecting my battery life... I like the convenience of seeing a summary of my unread messages without unlocking the iPhone but I do not know if it is possible to turn off the wake screen notifications and still keep the list of new items on the lock screen. Anyone been able to accomplish this?

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I would like to be able to see my new mail notifications when I hit the home button to bring up the lock screen, but I do not want the notifications to wake my screen each time a new message arrives. I think this is significantly effecting my battery life... I like the convenience of seeing a summary of my unread messages without unlocking the iPhone but I do not know if it is possible to turn off the wake screen notifications and still keep the list of new items on the lock screen. Anyone been able to accomplish this?

There appears to be no setting to disable the wake up screen when receiving a mail notification or any notification for that matter. The only way to disable screen wake up is to remove mail from lock screen notifications which appears to be what you don't want.

Sorry.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

I don't believe this is possible.

Your question is also being discussed here towards the bottom of the page. Maybe something there may prove useful for you.

DLim98

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2008
yes! this is exactly what i need too. hopefully there will be an update to add this feature in?

dabigone

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
I needed this too...when you're getting emails every 5 mins for work alerts or something it gets annoying watching my screen flash...sigh guess I will have to jb for lockinfo again...

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I needed this too...when you're getting emails every 5 mins for work alerts or something it gets annoying watching my screen flash...sigh guess I will have to jb for lockinfo again...

Is this possible somehow? I installed IntelliscreenX but it's annoying to have the display always wake

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.