Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Notifications on the lock screen and in notification centre for mail appear with multiple lines of HTML when message preview lines is set to none. When set to for example, 2 lines, the notification will preview only 2 lines. When set to None, no message Preview should be shown in the notification apart from the sender and subject. This is of course, if you have mail notifications turned on.

To access this, go to Settings > Mail > Preview > None.

This worked fine in iOS 9 but has not been in iOS 10 to the current beta. Tried it on my device and a friends device.

I posted this as a bug in the 10.2 Beta 1 thread, I wanted to see if others are having this issues too on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 224

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
This has still not been fixed in 10.3.2.

Doesn't anyone else have issues with 3D Touch on an email notification on the lock screen and getting HTML code everywhere and the email not rendering properly?

Whereas if you go and peek in the mail app using 3D Touch the email will render just fine?

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Hi, please look at the first post and attached images. Still not working in 10.3.3. Has this been fixed in the iOS 11 latest beta (6) ?

When 3D Touching a Mail notification on the lock screen or Cover Sheet to see a preview, does it still show all the HTML in text form or does it render the preview correctly like it used to in iOS9?

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Why don't they fix this? It annoys me so much. I've even lodged feedback whilst on iOS 10. Can someone please lodge on iOS 11 as none my devices are on beta software

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.