Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hi

I don't know if any of you noticed about subfolders mail app notifications not appearing any more since iOS 12 update? Only main inbox notification appear. I have 4 subfolders add to top part of mailboxes page and before iOS 12 if any email arrive that 4 subfolders I get notification but now I don't any more. I hope there fix for this in future.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I'm not understanding why people are making this complaint. Admittedly, all I can say is "works here", but it does. See screenshot. You can see the sub-folder notification in the center.

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAABS0AAAo4CAYAAAC8JoK+AAABgmlDQ1BzUkdCIElFQzYxOTY2LTIu-2.PNG

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
I get 2 more email from subfolders one from 12pm and other around 2pm they didn’t appear notification at all. So there defo problem there and yours working so probably not affect everyone. Some affected like me.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
What happens if you reset your device, then have someone send you an email...?

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Doesn’t work. Only inbox still. No subfolders. I think have wait Apple fix bug. I search google etc and there no fix far I know.

cjdshaw

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
Doesn’t work. Only inbox still. No subfolders. I think have wait Apple fix bug. I search google etc and there no fix far I know.

The notifications for subfolders have been split out to give you more control. Look under
Settings > Notifications > Mail > Favorite Mailboxes
and turn on Lock screen / Banners etc

Reactions: Jay-Jacob

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Brilliant! Thanks. When Apple split that out all my old settings seem be reset nothing. I didn’t know they did that and thanks letting me know! Now I can see notifications for subfolders. First email from sub folders get notification and hopefully all of them will now on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.