Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evillageprowler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
NJ, USA
I'm stymied, and googling didn't come up with anything useful. For a very long time, I've been happily getting my emails on my iPhone and iPad (both at iOS 8 latest) from my register.com account.

As of about 2 weeks ago, while I was overseas, my iPad stopped getting updates to InBox but Sent and Trash folders were fine. I was in China at the time, so I thought it was a firewall issue. And, my iPhone was getting emails just fine.

After returning to USA, I decided to delete my register.com email account from my iPad and re-do it. I was able to get it back to the same broken stage as of 2 weeks ago: sending/deleting synching just fine, but not receiving (InBox).

Today (in USA), I decided to re-do my register.com email on my iPhone: deleting and re-doing as if new. Now I am at same broken point as my iPad: can send and delete (synching folders just fine) but cannot receive.

Any suggestions before I call register.com help desk (which will frustrate me!).

I use IMAP for this account. It's been working fine for a very long time. All my other accounts work fine too: gmail certainly, and maybe aol/yahoo but I don't use them as often so I can't be sure.

TIA,

EVP

----------

Update: I'm pretty sure that my Trash and Sent folders on my my iOS devices are not getting synched now. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.