Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
Colorado
Hi, I'm a new newbie. In advance I'm asking for forbearance as I am really not too sure of how to describe the situation I'm having trouble solving. I have a 2+ year old iMac with 10.13.6. All was fine (I do also have parallels and Windows 10 on it) on the iOS side until I decided to change my email password. It was apparently a bad decision. I have an xfinity mail account. I can log on to it without a problem on their server. I can log in without a problem on my mail program on my Windows side, but I cannot change my password in Mac Mail. It just won't accept it, telling me it is unable to verify my password. I tried deleting it and re-adding it, but to no avail. What am I forgetting? Suggestions? Thank you!

pbreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
Colorado
Thank you for your assistance. Perhaps you're not familiar with Parallels. I have run both Mac Mail and Parallels "on the other side" for more than 2 years on this iMac and for >5 on my previous iMac. There's no issue there. The problem is simply from changing my password. Mac Mail won't accept my new password. I mentioned that I also run windows to simply illustrate that my other mail programs accepted the new password without trouble and are running fine. My question is: why won't Mac Mail accept my new password? Thanks again. I do appreciate all efforts to give me a hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.