Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farley

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I may have done something stupid.

Mac OSX 10.7.5 had slowed down a lot. Trying to locate the problem I came across (somewhere, I don't recall where) a site that allowed me to erase my cookies (about 2000+ it said). Thinking that they were from annoying commercial sites and only a bother I erased them. I then rebooted and all went well until I got to my email site and it had changed appreciably. It was 3 columns, smaller type and gave me information about each piece of mail I didn't want. I hate it and want so much my old email site back. which just told me who it was from and the topic -- until I chose to open it. Also the type was normal size as opposed to tiny.

I backup pretty religiously and tried to get back to my old email but really don't know how.

The mail version says 5.3(1283). I don't know what it was before I lost my nice clear email site.

I also went to ~/Library Files and looked but did not touch about 100 cookies dated from 2013 to the present.

Thank you for reading my etale of woe and a greater thank you for any assistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.