Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
I thought Mailbox was supposed to have an app for launch day but I don't see it. Anyone know if they are still planning one?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Hope this comes sooner rather than later. Surprised it hasn't already landed. As it is, all it's good for currently is archiving emails I don't care about on the Watch, otherwise it's phone out as usual.

This, and a Whatsapp app are the only Watch apps I care about tbh. Non-native apps are too slow to bother with otherwise. Only the updated Overcast app, also accessible via the glance, is just about usable, and then only if I expressly need to change podcast (rarely, as the playlist organisation negates the need to do this very often).

Hopefully the Mailbox app will be out shortly, whereas I don't expect a Whatsapp app till Xmas 15 at the earliest :-(

Last edited:

bjdraw

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2008
Tampa FL
I use Outlook for IOS because it has great interactive notifications. Then I disable notifications on the native Mail app and use it on the phone to review previously ignored email notifications without going to the iPhone.

ReardenMetal

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2015
Los Angeles
I've written Mailbox about their AW plans. They gave me a generic response about being interested in new platforms. That was helpful...not.
As it stands now, my email workflow is partially hobbled and piecemeal at best. I hope they get their act together soon. Otherwise, I'll be tempted to try other apps like CloudMagic, etc. I use Mailbox on my Mac, iPad and iPhone, but have to use the stock Mail app on AW. I've turned off all Mailbox notifications and rely on Mail's notifications across all devices since getting my AW because I can tell it not to make sound or tap me while still notifying me with the nice red dot. With 3rd party apps, there's zero notification customization. Getting constantly tapped by emails was not cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.