Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
If Microsoft was sued numerous times for embedding IE or Windows Media Player in Windows, I don't see why Apple can't be sued for such practices.

Apple has no where near a monopoly on smartphone software. There are a lot more crackberries, treos and centros out there currently.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
How is that an analogy? Better learn what a word means before you use it.

i know what the word means, im stating what HE is referring too...

how about you try to understand the point of a post than semantics eh?

The point that he is making is that according to you, he must be a kid or hobbyist as he will use android. He told you that's not the case so whatever point you made there is wrong. Got it? Good.

For me personally, I want android to be a huge success. Why not? If anything, it will push apple to make the iPhone even better. Also, nothing makes me a loyal apple user. If android is a platform that turns out to be better with numerous apps and can be used on more than just one phone, I will have a serious look at it. I buy what I perceive to be the best value, not anything Apple makes lol. Just most times imo, Apple is the best value for me.

Oh yea, please tell me why the masses won't take to Android again? Other than your "opinion" that has no evidence to back it up....

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Oh yea, please tell me why the masses won't take to Android again?

The history of small personal items suggests that fashion houses will eventually win out over technology providers (Swatch vs. TI & HP in digital watches) in appealing to the masses.

Apple is more fashion and design centric and Android is more about a technology standard. If fact, Apple's current product choice selections for their store make more sense from the fashion and design point of view (we want our Mail app in these fall colors and our media player with this cool button pattern and fabric texture). And the masses apparently think that a selection of multicolored flashlights is cool (similar to the impulse items next to the register at Walmart, which are usually quite profitable).

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
The history of small personal items suggests that fashion houses will eventually win out over technology providers (Swatch vs. TI & HP in digital watches) in appealing to the masses.

Apple is more fashion and design centric and Android is more about a technology standard. If fact, Apple's current product choice selections for their store make more sense from the fashion and design point of view (we want our Mail app in these fall colors and our media player with this cool button pattern and fabric texture). And the masses apparently think that a selection of multicolored flashlights is cool (similar to the impulse items next to the register at Walmart, which are usually quite profitable).

but keep in mind that
1) not everyone is with att
2) not everyone can afford an iphone
3) its good that there will be a viable competitor that has the potential to be on so many more phones than what apple offers

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Yeah... just hobbyists and kids. Preorders for the gPhone are completely sold-out:

That very same article also says:
"While there definitely won't be anything like iPhone launch day madness..."

Almost everybody I was in line with on iPhone 3G day was an Apple fan-person (or a friend or family member helping hold a spot in line).

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
That very same article also says:
"While there definitely won't be anything like iPhone launch day madness..."

Almost everybody I was in line with on iPhone 3G day was an Apple fan-person (or a friend or family member helping hold a spot in line).

Still, the claim that *only* hobbyists & tinkers would only buy the gPhone is such a broad (and false) statement that if that were true, it *wouldn't* have sold out on pre-orders.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
I guess there are a lot of kids and hobbyists. :)
I wonder how many of those pre-orders are for serious users.
You aren't really comparing Android to OSX are you?

By the way, I only drink Diet Coke.
Kool-aid is for kids and hobbyists!

i wonder how many of those orders are for kids and hobbyists:rolleyes:

no we are not comparing android to osx (like the iphone runs a complete osx anyways lol)

but it is naive to say android does not hold any potential...

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
I guess there are a lot of kids and hobbyists. :)
I wonder how many of those pre-orders are for serious users.
You aren't really comparing Android to OSX are you?

By the way, I only drink Diet Coke.
Kool-aid is for kids and hobbyists!

Never did compare Android to OSX, I only commented on your broad generalization. Wonder what else you like to generalize on? Hmmm?

Pre-order sales only prove my point and disprove yours. Good luck on your fantasy universe, troll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.