Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fibsh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2023
Hello,

I have searched vastly looking for a solution, asked ChatGPT, and have checked what felt like every corner of the web for two hours.

Whenever I record or stream on OBS Studio, I have it opened on my second monitor (Sceptre, 1080p, 60Hz), and usually use my main monitor (LG Brand TV, 60 FPS, 1080p) as the screen to play games. Unfortunately, in certain games, it will lag my display; not to be confused with lagging my game, my ping isn't going up nor is my FPS going down a horrendous amount.

My main display gets extremely laggy for certain games when streaming / recording, but when I look at the preview in OBS placed on my second monitor, it is running perfectly fine. The games or applications this happen with are VERY inconsistent as well. CS:GO and Minecraft are just a bit more stuttery FPS-wise, but Roblox and TF2 (Team Fortress 2) makes my monitor lose its mind; I'm running TF2 through Parallels for those curious.

Current computer specs:

Apple M1, 2020
16 GB Memory
256 GB Storage (I regret this)

1TB External Hard Drive (Used to store Steam games or bigger applications, and it works fine)

I have the TV plugged in with an HDMI, and my other monitor plugged in through a USB-C to VGA adapter. Both are in great condition.

Changing the settings in OBS, on my computer, along with any other advice given through a forum didn't seem to match my problem or give me a solution that worked. I'm assuming it's my LG Branded TV, but I really wanna make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong, as it's very frustrating to play games through OBS preview.

- Fibsh 🐟

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.