Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JemiS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Is anyone else having display issues with the main site?

No images are displaying, and I'm getting very strange formatting (like a stylesheet was missing, see attached image).

I've cleared my cache for the site and restarted Safari (7.7) and it didn't change anything.

Same thing is happening to me on Safari on my iPad, so not localized to the computer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 2.51.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 2.51.05 PM.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 142

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We deliver our style sheets through a cdn (content delivery network) and it's possible that's not responding to you

Does http://cdn.macrumors.com load for you? It should just display the word "images".

It's working for me, so I hope this is just a temp problem

Last edited:

JemiS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Hrm.

I get a redirect and then a pop-up virus alert when I go to cdn.macrumors.com.... Which I'm sure shouldn't be the case.

::edit:: Now I'm getting a message that it's being blocked due to content filtering.

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hrm.

I get a redirect and then a pop-up virus alert when I go to cdn.macrumors.com.... Which I'm sure shouldn't be the case.

::edit:: Now I'm getting a message that it's being blocked due to content filtering:
Sorry, looks like I missed an "r" when I typed it on my iPhone

Correct url is

http://cdn.macrumors.com

Try that.

arn

JemiS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
See above. Caught that, but now I'm getting the message that it's being blocked due to content filtering.

Was not the case originally, when I got a redirect and the pop-up virus alert. Guessing that event added it to the blocked list for our network.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This turned out to be Tulane blocking our CDN, but has since been resolved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.