Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
When you search for an app now, it is back to scrolling instead of flicking!!!!!

Flicking through the searched apps was the worst idea ever.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Its different but I'm not sure if I like this that much better since you aren't scrolling through a list but through full app screens, basically the same as the sideways scrolling but just vertical (vs scrolling a list which is faster/easier).

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Its different but I'm not sure if I like this that much better since you aren't scrolling through a list but through full app screens, basically the same as the sideways scrolling but just vertical (vs scrolling a list which is faster/easier).

But the fluid up/down scrolling is far quicker than the side-to-side, one-at-a-time.

I actually like the full app screens. Make the search smarter so you get the best results right up front. I don't think I've ever had to scroll more than 3 or 4 apps deep to find what I was looking for.

Most times, its the first thing that pops up.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I kind of prefer the flicking because there is less movement horizontally and it's easier for me to keep my eye in one spot and skim the contents as it goes by (title, ratings, etc.). Scrolling vertically feels like I have to find my place again when I scroll to a different app. Maybe I'll get used to it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I kind of prefer the flicking because there is less movement horizontally and it's easier for me to keep my eye in one spot and skim the contents as it goes by (title, ratings, etc.). Scrolling vertically feels like I have to find my place again when I scroll to a different app. Maybe I'll get used to it.
Yeah that's basically how I feel about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.