Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalebEdenburn

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2022
Concord, NC
I’m a recent Apple Arcade subscriber, due to the 3 month offer that comes with Apple TV 4K. I really don’t see any value in it, but I’m still going to keep it until the trial runs out. Is there something I’m missing? I just can’t see why people would pay money for Apple Arcade.

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
I’m a recent Apple Arcade subscriber, due to the 3 month offer that comes with Apple TV 4K. I really don’t see any value in it, but I’m still going to keep it until the trial runs out. Is there something I’m missing? I just can’t see why people would pay money for Apple Arcade.

Neither do I. I played a handful of games, and got bored quick. Gaming on the ATV just flat out sucks. It doesn't have to, but the content just isn't there.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
😁😁😁😁😁😁

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
Same here, cancelled long before end of trial period. But I have no expectation that Apple change Apple Arcade to make it worth it for me, it's simply not something I want or need.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I tried it too but same experience. I played a few, enjoyed a few, got bored of a few then canceled. I do think the games are decent just not worth a subscription. I guess Apple often rely on people just paying as it's not much so they have it if there is an itch to play something quick and easy without too much effort.

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
It's included for us through VZW, but we haven't played anything in months. It's nice to have no iAP, but haven't found anything fun in a while. And the font is always super small.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
It's not but it's part of my premier one plan so when I add up all the services I actually want and use I'm not paying for arcade.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
The services I need add up to £18.77
Apple Arcade is £4.99
Apple One is £16.95 which is the services I need plus Apple Arcade.
Free games.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
Apple Arcade is indeed a dismal failure, in every sense of the word, but at least it does not cost that much.

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020

It's $5/month. What are you expecting to get for that?

We use it every day. I'd pay 5x what Apple charges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.