Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Mustard

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
My partner has an iPhone 14 and uses the built-in Calendar app and her gmail email account.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, use the Google Calendar app and my gmail email account.

I create a new calendar entry on my Android phone and add her gmail email address in the 'Add people' section. This sends her an email, and once she accepts, it appears in her iPhone's Calendar app just fine. When I make an amendment to such calendar entries (after she has already accepted them) and click Save, the app asks: "Send update emails to Google Calendar guests?" I tap Yes of course. She receives these updates and can accept the changes.

When she creates a calendar entry on her iPhone and adds my gmail to it, I get the email, I can accept the entry and it appears in my calendar just fine. However, when she makes any amendments (title change, time change etc.), nothing happens on my end. She does not get any alert asking if she would like to send updates etc.

Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.