Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
When you end a phone call on a HomePod and you say Hey Siri hang up can the person at the other end hear you saying it?
Always wondered this myself but the best answer you’d get is to ask the person on the other end if they heard you next time you speak to them. I guess it’s possible that Siri mutes the call once you summon her otherwise it would make for a very awkward rage hang up.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Actually I probably am best at asking the person the other end because I would think they’d mute especially being they don’t know when you’re ending the call.

Bogstandard

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2018
Mid West
I just wait for the other party to hang up.
Once they have terminated the call, the homepod switches to sleep.
If you tell siri to hang up and the other party has beaten you to the punch, siri tells you that there is no call, lol
I Personally don't feel comfortable having the other party hear you tell siri to hang up.
Ido prefer using the homepod for speaker calling...good mikes, little to no hiss, no pops, bangs and screeches that occur wit my iphone on speaker.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I've found out recently that you've no need to. You can gently tap the green light at the top when you've finished and Siri hangs up for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.