Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geepondy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I believe this issue started in IOS14 but unfortunately is carried over in IOS15. A couple of years ago, I subscribed to Apple Music over Spotify because of the ability to use spoken commands with Sir to play music tracks and albums. The process used to be simple. I would ask Sir to play a music track or album and most of the time, it would comply. In IOS 14, something changed and now it tries to use Pandora (of which I subscribe to) to play the song of which it then usually chokes. When I try to ask Siri to play a song followed by "on Apple Music", it tries to find the tune on my personal Apple Music library, not the online Apple music library. There is nothing in the settings to make Apple Music my default music player. Not being able to use voice command to play Apple songs from the Apple Music Service is extremely frustrating. Is there a way to solve this issue? If not, I will let the Apple Music subscription run out and switch to Spotify.

geepondy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
After creating this thread, I see there is a forum on Apple Music and other Apple Services which would be more appropriate for this question but I don't see an option to delete the thread. I'll post the same question on the appropriate forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.