Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnabyg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
After six weeks (almost) of waiting for Apple's byzantine contract approval system to agree to their standard contract, my first iPhone application finally hit the App Store two days ago while I was away.

It is called AmoreMio and it is a spin off from an entirely different application that I am still working on.

I was looking for a way to be able to automatically create an sms - currently not possible within the SDK - and found that I was using my test app to initiate phone calls, emails and sms messages with my wife more than the built in applications because it saved me a few clicks and because it allowed me jump quickly from making a call to sending an sms / email when the number was busy.

I figured that almost everybody has one person they need to contact more than any other. So I rewrote the test app to allow one touch access to call, email and text messaging.

AmoreMio uses the data from the built-in address book so it is always up to date. It is intuitive to use and easy to set up.

I hope some of you find it useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.