Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AzanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
I'd like to create my own watermark in Keynote. I've seen videos on how to do it but I can't get the background transparent in my saved pic!
When I start, I insert the image and use a text box right next to it. Then I click on format and select "no fill" for the background(which is supposed to make it transparent). I export to 'images' and save it as PNG...which is exactly what everyone else does but my background always ends up white instead of transparent :(

I use Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Did you figure it out?

you have to make sure the backgound is "No Fill" - the slide background will turn black when you select no fill.

then export as image < PNG

AzanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
Did you figure it out?

you have to make sure the backgound is "No Fill" - the slide background will turn black when you select no fill.

then export as image < PNG
That is exactly what i do and it still ends up with a white background after I export it

blackJackal

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2020
OK.
So step 1: create an image with water mark
create a blank slide. insert text box and type (C) NAME. Then copy paste the text across the slide in any patter you want. (C) will be converted to copyright sign. Now with 100% zoom take a snapshot of the slide. This will create an image with copyright across your slide. Make sure to use the correct font color (light grey works well).

step 2.
edit the master slide (you will have to do for all types for slides in your keynote). instead of "color fill" on the right hand panel select "image fill" from the drop down menu.

You will have your image created in step 1 across all the slides that use that particular master slide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.