Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniMacDonald

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2018
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Help! These suddenly started popping up and I never went to an malicious web site.
IMG_3451.jpg
IMG_3449.jpg

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
You allowed push notifications from some website (by mistake?). Go to Safari -> Settings -> Websites -> Notifications and remove whatever there is, and disable push notifications too if you don't use them.

Reactions: MiniMacDonald

MiniMacDonald

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2018
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
You allowed push notifications from some website (by mistake?). Go to Safari -> Settings -> Websites -> Notifications and remove whatever there is, and disable push notifications too if you don't use them.
Thanks @galad ! I found the solution on Apple Communities ( John Galt ) https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250007317. I still am at a loss to how this site came on to the notifications as it only happened this morning and I can count on one hand the sites I went to in Safari. An Fyi for everyone the malicious site link in question was 'mac-os "dot" com'. Good thing my spider sense and skepticism is always on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.