Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hi guys,

Just wondering if these are normal processes under Windows 10. I've read some conflicting opinions on this online.

As you can see, Autoruns detects some unverified processes in WinDefend and WdNisSvc. Look at the timestamps of the software specifically: 1921 and 1967. I cannot disable these either, as when I do, it states Access is Denied.

What should I do?
[automerge]1589570236[/automerge]

Attachments

• autoruns.JPG
    autoruns.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 148

Queen6

macrumors G4
1 - Link Autoruns & Process Explorer (if used) to Virus Totals database
2 - Run Windows Defender Offline Scan
3 - DL & run Emsisoft Emergency Kit scanner

Your system will very likely comeback as being clean, exactly the same as mine, equally you'll feel better about it. Virus Total compares the files signatures with over 70 AV engines and you can also force upload of suspicious files via Autoruns & Process Explorer and Virus Totals web page.

FWIW
1589571810475.png

Q-6

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
1 - Link Autoruns & Process Explorer (if used) to Virus Totals database
2 - Run Windows Defender Offline Scan
3 - DL & run Emsisoft Emergency Kit scanner

Your system will very likely comeback as being clean, exactly the same as mine, equally you'll feel better about it. Virus Total compares the files signatures with over 70 AV engines and you can also force upload of suspicious files via Autoruns & Process Explorer and Virus Totals web page.

FWIW
View attachment 915438

Q-6

Thanks! Ok - so it seems like they aren't viruses or malware - that's odd that they are from that date.

On your first point - what do you mean linking autoruns and process explorer to virus totals database and how do I do it?
[automerge]1589573221[/automerge]
And one more thing -

The reason why I looked this up is I did a fresh install of Windows that I talked about in another thread - well, I noticed as soon as I installed Solidworks that my idle temperatures went from 35-40 degrees celsius to 47-55. I'm trying to figure out what process that came with installing Solidworks is causing this.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.