Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HalFried

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Hi,

Am currenlty running Sonoma 14.4

A few weeks ago when checking to see if could remove a device and associate another on the Manage Devices list that is located in the Account Settings for Music and Apple Tv haps I discovered that the Downloads and Purchases section was missing. That section includes the Manage Devices and Hidden Purchases lists.

I have quite a few Apple devices so I often rely on that list for learning when one can be replaced with another.

I contacted Apple support and so far the issue has not been resolved. The last response from them was a couple of weeks ago. They said that they would be bumping the issue up to one of the Engineers because no one could figure out what was causing this.

Also, I have tried finding the list on all of my mac computers so this issue doesn't appear to be related to a problem with one device.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 12.10.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 12.10.44 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: lachlandewsbury

JungleNYC

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
I just saw this, and it's happening to me too! Ugh.

I got a new iMac and wanted to listen to Apple Music on this new workstation. It wouldn't Authorize, so I went to my 2016 MacBook (older iOS) and Deauthorize that one.

But on this iMac, 14.5, it still won't Authorize on this one. So I went to Deauthorize All, but that option is nowhere to be found. It's kinda nuts. And I'm scared that if I do that on my older MacBook that I might mess something up across all my devises.

73pctGeek

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2024
I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro, as did my mother on her iMac. It resolved itself for me when I signed in to my Apple ID via Apple Music *again*, even though I was already signed in (it triggered for me when I inspected my hidden items). It appeared the forcing the sign-in process magically restored the Manage Devices to the Account Settings window.

After trying unsuccessfully to force a sign-out/sign-in process for my Mom's iMac, no matter now many times she signed out then in again via the Apple Music account settings area, nothing changed. Until she signed out of Apple Music, and rebooted her iMac. It then worked!

Hope this helps :)

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Had this today and it's pretty infuriating. Seems like Music or TV apps didn't have it, no web portal did either.

Finally found it, in the App Store account settings. But really poor from Apple, if you're gonna get rid of something like iTunes, but keep the daft mechanisms in place it had, make sure they're visible :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.