Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
As the organizer of my family's iCloud Family Sharing, is it possible for me to review and edit/cancel subscriptions that my family members have activated? I have been doing this on their devices, but it would be convenient to be able to do it on mine.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I'm pretty sure you'll have to sign in as them to be able to do it.
So yes, sign out on your machine, sign in as them, navigate to subscriptions.
I don't think you can cancel someone else's subscription, even as the family manager, from your account.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Not sure what maximum age this applies to but I have two kids, six and seven years old. I set up screen time for them and my wife and I have total control of any downloads, purchases, etc… They can’t even access iCloud on their devices (grayed out). If this applies to you, check out Screen Time.

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
I'm about to order Apple One and set up Family Share. We have 3 different Apple ID's in our family, personal both for my wife and I, and then one shared Apple ID used in our living room shared iPad and Apple TV.
Now thinking about setting up family share but considering which of the 3 Apple ID's I should set up as organizer (administrator). My first idea is that either my Apple ID or shared Apple ID would be the organizer. Any pros and cons who I set up for that? I want to share Apple Music, ATV+, iCloud (but private quota for each user), maybe something else too but also having possibility to select what is not shared. Maybe setting up shared Apple ID as organizer is the best but does being an organizer give some benefits or negatives I should consider?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.