Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyberblood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

I use OS X server for webserver and I'm having problems with PHP modules loaded etc.
The PHP version coming with OS X Server doesn't have Mcrypt and many other modules I need.There is a big mess using Brew to add some, after upgrade the version are not compatible.
There is an alternative using great distribution here, but I can't find the right way to configure php.ini

My question is: what is the right approach recommended by Apple to add modules the native PHP version?

P.S.I don't want to use MAMP, I want the built-in PHP.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
Hi,

I use OS X server for webserver and I'm having problems with PHP modules loaded etc.
The PHP version coming with OS X Server doesn't have Mcrypt and many other modules I need.There is a big mess using Brew to add some, after upgrade the version are not compatible.
There is an alternative using great distribution here, but I can't find the right way to configure php.ini

My question is: what is the right approach recommended by Apple to add modules the native PHP version?

maybe you can upgrade to high siera.. unsure what version php they will put.. i also don't like much MAMP but at first i think why just we don't compile all the .so library ? but reality i don't time to play around.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
maybe you can upgrade to high siera.. unsure what version php they will put.. i also don't like much MAMP but at first i think why just we don't compile all the .so library ? but reality i don't time to play around.
If I remember correctly it was PHP 7.1

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,

Trying to override the integrated components in OS X Server is all but certain to cause you problems with some other component. I’d strongly consider using a different platform if you need specific server components upgraded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.