Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

negro napoleon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
On my BlackBerry, one thing I liked was that I could view the emails I sent along side messages I recieved so that I could keep up with the contents of the conversion, even in threaded conversations (which I have enabled on the iphone)

However, even threaded conversations in the iphone only show the INBOX, not the replies.

I have my email set up through exchange and am having no problem with Push but it seems nonsensical that if I want to say delete an entire convo that when I delete the Inbox message thread that I still have the "sent" reply still in there under the "sent" folder.

Why can't I view both my sent and received in one window?

I'm anal about checking my email and organizing it, so it stands that I want an efficient way of deleting it too.

Any suggestions?

negro napoleon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
It's not how iOS Mail works. There is no setting on a non-jailbroken iPhone to view "Sent" messages in the Inbox that I'm aware of.

So are you saying there is a jail-broken option?

And does anyone else have a qualm about this set-up of the device?

frankacano

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
Texas
Apple recently implemented this on Lion, and it's a useful feature. I expect to see it in iOS at some point.

Can't seem to find this in iOS7. Just like the OP I like to see the entire message train. Wish they would add this to the iOS like in OSx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.