Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I do an early morning walk once a week. I would like to be able to get up, immediately download a single podcast and begin walking. It seems like this ought to be easy. But, for me it is not.

For example, the podcast I want to download this morning appears on my iPhone Podcasts app as "Donald Trump appears in court" and is dated today; 47 minutes ago and published by the BBC. It is downloaded on the iPhone.

On my AW Ultra the "Most Recent" podcast is also from the BBC but dated July 30th; nearly a week ago.

On the iPhone I have Sync Library turned on for the Podcasts app.

How do I download today's BBC podcast to my AW?

I don't want anything to download automatically. I just want to manually select an episode and download it manually.

Note that I have seen this thread: Downloading podcasts to watch? which asks a similar question, but for which there are no practical answers.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
The Apple podcast app is a real pain for this.
To manually send just single podcasts I recommend iCatcher.
To have a reliable automatic sync Overcast is great.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
The Apple podcast app is a real pain for this.
To manually send just single podcasts I recommend iCatcher.
To have a reliable automatic sync Overcast is great.
Thanks. It seems a bit of overkill to install a new app just to listen to one podcast per week. I guess I'll just listen to the same 50 Beach Boys songs over and over; as I do when I'm cycling.

I'm amazed that such a simple thing is so hard to do.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
I thoroughly understand why you are grousing at Apple for deficiencies in their podcast app, but not why you would forgo listening to the content you want to hear when practical workarounds exist. If spending under $10 for a third-party app is overkill, then just bring your iPhone along for your early morning walk.

Reactions: NME42

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Too funny. Better even than my Beach Boys joke.

But guess what? Whe I got up this morning the latest BBC podcast was on my watch ready for listening. I cannot explain this. I changed no settings. All I did was grouse on this form. I guess Apple is listening.

Reactions: WozzaTT
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.