Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2023
For those of us who have been keeping an eye on the Apple Refurbished Store, looking for Mac Minis, the past few weeks have been quite barren on the shelves.

But this morning an entire selection of M2 Pro Mac Minis showed up, in nearly all possible configurations:

Refurbished-Mac-Mac-mini_7Jan2024.jpg

I'm rather surprised such a selection showed up all at once. I presumed the shelves were bare the past few weeks due to year end shopping. Maybe these are all open-box units from one of the stores Apple is closing? Or perhaps a service center just waited until they had a cart full of units before they tested them for re-boxing?

Buy one before they're gone!

justmadeupname

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2022
Real Soon Now. I'm waiting for one, given it should be so close, or I would have jumped on one of those M2 Pro machines.
Does or should (in theory) the M3 perform close to the M2 Pro?

I was playing at the Apple store with an Mac Mini M2 Pro (16gb/512gb) connected to an Apple Studio Display and I found it quite snappy compared to (I think) an iMac M3 (8gb/256gb).

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
I’ve been checking the Refurb store periodically for a couple of months for an MBA. What I’ve noticed is that Apple releases stock fairly frequently, but then the stock sells out fairly frequently.

I’m wondering if they’ve changed the minimum quantity for a particular configuration they need to have on hand before they list it on the web site.

In the past, once a configuration was available, it seemed to be listed for a few weeks but when it sold out, it took a long time for it to be listed again.

Now it’ll sell out in a few days (if not sooner), but more stock will be listed in a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.