Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleepydinosaur

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Me and the daughter are going on vacation next year. So I'm looking for a maps type app where I can add a bunch of address of places we'd like to go and be able to see them all on the map at once to help us plan our day.

As far as I know, Maps doesn't do this and I can't seem to see how Google Maps can do this. Maybe I'm wrong?

If they can't is there an app that will allow this?

Thanks

moonjelly

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2016
California
Me and the daughter are going on vacation next year. So I'm looking for a maps type app where I can add a bunch of address of places we'd like to go and be able to see them all on the map at once to help us plan our day.

As far as I know, Maps doesn't do this and I can't seem to see how Google Maps can do this. Maybe I'm wrong?

If they can't is there an app that will allow this?

Thanks
A question close to my heart. CycleMaps is built especially for custom routing and saving for offline use. You give up realtime voice directions.

There are some work arounds with goggle maps but they are different for every device. You can customize the default route by clicking and dragging the blue line. You can send them to your phone. You may or may not be able to save it.

Pocket Earth is good for having offline maps with rich points of interest data.

The main stream navigation apps emphasize efficiency, advertising income, and boredom in route planning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.