Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Hello.
I am using MBP 2015 running Catalina.
I am using external keyboard Logitech.
I installed Windows 10 with Boot Camp.
I have a problem to switch between OS's using software. The only option is to hold 'option/alt' key on MBP keyboard.
Mostly all keys are correctly mapped to Logitech but I realized that holding the key on MBP works but it does not work on external keyboard.
I assume that mapping for this key is wrong.
How could I fix it?
Thanks

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
It's not necessarily the mapping; If the keyboard is wireless, it may just not connect in time to do pre-boot functions. - Also since all of this is happening before an OS is booted I don't really think you could remap it, unless the keyboard itself allows you to modify what actual bits are sent when a key is pressed

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
It's not necessarily the mapping; If the keyboard is wireless, it may just not connect in time to do pre-boot functions. - Also since all of this is happening before an OS is booted I don't really think you could remap it, unless the keyboard itself allows you to modify what actual bits are sent when a key is pressed
Well ... sounds reasonable because I don't have an issue with other keys and I'm using wireless keyboard.
Hence would could be the solution then?
Thanks

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
I think you could disregard my question because I found that's nothing to do with keyboard mappings.
I noticed that when it boots and I keep/hold the key but almost 'press it down' it works in most cases.

Sound like connectivity issue.
Thanks

Reactions: casperes1996

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Well ... sounds reasonable because I don't have an issue with other keys and I'm using wireless keyboard.
Hence would could be the solution then?
Thanks

A wired connection,
Setting boot options before shutting down, so from Windows you'd use the Bootcamp Assistant Utility and from macOS you'd set the Startup Disk in SysPref,
If the keyboard is known to connect wirelessly at startup for other boot sequences you could try and figure out if another key sends the relevant key code

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
@casperes1996 - I am doing it as you suggested on Mac. Unfortunately on Windows it doesn’t see Mac partition. I installed Windows software update but it still doesn’t recognize OS X. Even msconfig doesn’t see it. Hence on Windows the key is the only option. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.