Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I went on a two week trip and took lots of pictures using my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5. When I look at the photos during this trip the map information does not show (see gray section on included screen capture). It shows in text the location of the photo but no map data. I did not change any settings and any picture that I took before or after this trip has the map showing up with the photo.

I've rebooted my phone and that does not make a difference.

Any idea how to fix this?

photo location.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I went on a two week trip and took lots of pictures using my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5. When I look at the photos during this trip the map information does not show (see gray section on included screen capture). It shows in text the location of the photo but no map data. I did not change any settings and any picture that I took before or after this trip has the map showing up with the photo.

I've rebooted my phone and that does not make a difference.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mike
OK. My bad. I had cellular data turned off on my photos and once I turned that on it worked.

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.