Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
Since updating to iOS 10, Siri is now cut off when I use Apple Maps through my car's Bluetooth (not CarPlay, BTW). She'll go to say, for example, "Start at Smith Street," but only get through "Start at" and then stop.

If I'm playing music or a podcast, it will pause for the full length of what is SUPPOSED to be said, but only the first few syllables come through. "In 500 feet, turn left onto Jones Avenue" becomes "In 500 feet" and then silence for the rest before the music kicks back in. Not particularly helpful!

Music and podcast and phone conversations play just fine through the Bluetooth. And if the phone is just playing through its own speakers, voice nav works as it always has.

Tried force-quitting Maps, Music, Podcasts. Tried rebooting the phone. Turned Bluetooth off and on.

No luck.

Anyone else experiencing this?

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
Any solutions to this? I've tried Apple maps and Google maps. They both do the same thing in various car makes. Podcast pauses but the spoken directions are cut off almost immediately as soon as it starts.

Waze works if I don't have it pause podcasts. But the current version of Waze kills my battery and the spoken directions over podcasts is not ideal.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
something similar here, it also starts off giving an instruction over bluetooth, but switches to the iPhone somewhere in the instruction. The car didn't getting a singnal to stop this connection and return to e.g. the radio. The only way to make the car close this connection (without disabling bluetooth on either the car of the phone) is to change the output in Maps on the iPhone back to the car (after it decided to switch to the phone) and then touch the iPhone screen to speak out the instruction again. When it makes it to the end the car stops this connection and switches back to e.g. the radio. When it doesn't make it to the end, it's back to trying it again...

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-5_17-0-57.png
    upload_2017-4-5_17-0-57.png
    641 bytes · Views: 277
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.