Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Looks interesting. But those graphics are absolutely gross. You would think a game like this would utilize a lot of the Wii's true power.

Attachments

• Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-02.thumb.jpg
    Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-02.thumb.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-03.thumb.jpg
    Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-03.thumb.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-04.thumb.jpg
    Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-04.thumb.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-01.thumb.jpg
    Mario-And-Sonic-At-The-Olympics-wii-01.thumb.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 234

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I think the graphics look fine--on par with most of Nintendo's more simplistic games of this ilk. These kinds of games are more about the gameplay than the graphics anyway.

What I'm more concerned about is why Mario and Sonic are crossing the finish line at the same time....Sonic is clearly MUCH faster than Mario ;)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
The game looks alright to me....I could imagine the online play of this thing...huge(but this is nintendo)

What is really interesting to me is will they make these characters different from one another.....browser better at field event...sonic got the track lock down. I really don't want to see the fatman being the all around balanced guy once again when his bro. could/should have better stats than him.

Mario looks like his winning that race.....bunch of crap.

Bless

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Realistically, this is like The Flash vs Superman at the olympics. Sonic should win anything speed related, and Mario anything strength related (we're talking about a guy who can kill the sun with a turtle shell).

Anyway...what's Robotnik/Eggman doing on foot? The guy ALWAYS uses a hovering vehicle. Watching him run is...not pretty.

The screens are low res but assuming I don't see huge blocks at 640x480 the graphics don't look bad at all.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Doesn't look great....but not terrible. Fine for the Wii....I can't see this being a graphicly power house for the Wii.

Metriod Prime 3, Mario Galaxy...not Mario+Sonic

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
nice. looks good. and no complaints about the graphics, if the gameplay is nice, graphics won't get too much complaints. but i was hoping for a full out preview video.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
So long as it's fun and can be better than Smash Bros or Mario Football in multiplayer (doubtful) I'll look into it. Probably the DS version for portability.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
I'm curious about this... How do the controls work for a game like this? Especially the running events? Do you just swing your arms back and forth? :confused:

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I'm curious about this... How do the controls work for a game like this? Especially the runny events? Do you just swing your arms back and forth? :confused:
Probably just like RE:4 and Warioware.....shake the controller violently up and down/ side ot side, probably to simulate the stamina it takes to run around a track.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Probably just like RE:4 and Warioware.....shake the controller violently up and down/ side ot side, probably to simulate the stamina it takes to run around a track.
Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.