Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
As much as I despise any person who is following any company like a religion (some users on forum included), Facebook really is the tech scum of the earth. The amount of data versus what they give people is such an insane ratio in their favor that I wish their company would walk the same fields as Myspace very soon.
No joke, someone on MR said she'd rather talk about iPhones in the "alternatives" section of the forum since she feels she gets better discussions there!

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I honestly don't have a horse in this race.

I still use my 2013 iPad Air (1st gen), and an iPod Touch 5, but when those go, I'm likely not going to bother replacing them. I do still use an iPod Classic for music, but I'm guessing that doesn't really count as Apple tech anymore (definitely not really hooked into the modern Apple ecosystem)

I don't really use Facebook much either. I log on every few months to check up on family and other social groups, but these days, I prefer to just pick up the cell phone and call them, or just email them directly. I used to keep tabs on my game groups on Facebook as well, but not much of that going on since lockdowns have started, and again after being lifted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.