Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Apple's webpage says you can perform actions like marking up a PDF via Quicklook, without opening the app.

Sure, you can crudely circle something with a mouse or on a trackpad, but it's hardly accurate or enjoyable to do.

Okay, it's fine that Apple doesn't believe in touchscreen Macs. But how about at least giving Pencil support for it's trackpads?

It would make the Pencil a much more worthwhile accessory since you'd be able to use it on both your Mac and iPad.

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
Have been hoping for this since the inclusion of the Apple Pencil. It would fit perfectly and would also put the giant size of the current MBP trackpads into perspective. Right now I have to switch from the Mac to the iPad and afterwards back to the Mac whenever I want to do a quick handdrawn sketch and insert it into something I'm working on on my Mac (along with having to first export it from the iPad to the Mac and all that). Would be great if we could use it to draw right on the Mac aswell.

There's an Apple Pencil v2 rumored for later this year, who knows – maybe it'll come with that functionality.

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
That would require hardware changes on the Mac side.
Well good thing then that this year's MacBook Pros haven't been released yet, meaning this would still be possible for the rumored Apple Pencil v2 in theory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.