Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
England
I wonder if anyone can help with a question regarding the Marvel Comic app whilst I am anxiously waiting for my iPad to arrive from San Francisco through the cloud of volcanic ash covering the UK.

I have bought and downloaded a number of comics through the Marvel app on my iPhone and wonder if when I put it on my iPad it will sync my purchases or allow me to download them again for free through my account? Has anyone had any experience of this?

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I'm interested in an answer to this question too.

I downloaded the app a month ago to try on my iPod touch and downloaded 6 or 8 free comics. Now I've received my iPad and would like to transfer them. Is this possible?

I can't imaging paying for comics if they are stuck on one device.

----- update -----

Figured it out. If you are logged in to Marvel when you go to My Comics you can see all the ones you've "bought". Then click on the comic and it lets you download it to the iPad. So they are backed up on Marvel's servers rather than on your computer/iTunes.

Thanks - Greg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
England
Hi Greg. Yeah I had to find out for myself too as no-one answered me here. Looks great on the iPad though eh! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.